Monday 15 October 2012

Noah's Ark Blanket

I came across this blanket on Ravelry and loved the idea. You can find the pattern on Ravelry, original design by Michele Wilcox, published in Crochet Magazine, May 2008. I already knew how to do the ripple pattern, so I made a blanket measuring 50x50 cm using dk acrylic. I then made the animals and sewed them onto the blanket.
In the original version there was no lion or octopus, but there were a few blankets on Ravelry that had them and I thought it was a brilliant idea.
I started with the blue sea (about 20cm high) and white sky (about 30cm high), the animals and the ark were made with some leftover wool, I then sewed them all together.
It took me about two weeks to complete the blanket, I was making it in my last stages of pregnancy after coming home from a long day in work.
But finally it was finished and ready for my babies arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment