Thursday 18 October 2012

Max's Hexagon Blanket

My friend was pregnant and I promised that I'll make something for her new baby. She found out the gender and already had a name picked.
I came across this blanket pattern in Crochet for Babies and Toddlers by Betty Barnden and I really liked it.
Originally I was going to go for the same colours as in the book, but my friend had a neutral moses basket and asked for a blanket that can go into it, so I went for cream and grey yarn, merino wool in dk, 300g in grey and 100g in cream.
I was sewing the hexagons together as I was making them, the pattern is very easy and there are also diagrams that show how to sew them together.

In the last row I left 3 hexagons blank and made letters "M", "A" and "X" which I then sewed on the shapes, making the blanket more personal and unique.

The blanket was ready just in time for my friend's babies arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment