Tuesday 16 October 2012

Baby Mobile



The next item that I made for my little one was a baby mobile. The idea again came from Natural Crochet for babies and toddles by Tina Barrett. I didn't really like the toys that were in that book, so I decided to come up with my own design. I decided to make some summer bugs and flowers, something very simple but cute.
I wanted to make 5 different toys: a bee, a ladybird, a butterfly, a flower and a sun. For all the designs I googled the images on the Internet and when I found the cutiest ones I tried to create them myself. I used the leftover treads that I had from previous projects for the toys. I also inherited some wool when my friend was moving to another country and she left it with me. The bright warm colours were ideal for making toys.

I stuffed all the toys with nylon wool, glued on plastic eyes and attached them to a chain that I made in yellow colour. My husband made a ring out of a metal coat hanger that I then wound pink wool around. I finished it up with a cute flower and attached all the toys to it.
I bought a second hand mobile arm to hang it above her cot.
My husband also bought a little wind-up device that rotates the mobile while playing the tune "Somewhere over the rainbow".
Mia enjoyed it so much and she loved looking at the spinning toys.


No comments:

Post a Comment