Friday 20 April 2012

Tiramisu Baby Blanket


After completing the pink blanket, I decided to make another blanket which would be more neutral. I came across a Tiramisu Baby Blanket pattern by Alicia Paulson on the Ravelty website. The pattern is very simple, but it makes such a lovely texture when crocheted and it looks lovely when viewed from either side.
I choose yellow and white acrylic yarn. It was sold as DK baby wool in a yarn shop. 250g in yellow and 50g in white, I also bought 5m of a yellow satin ribbon 2cm wide to go around the edge of the blanket. Again I used a 3.5mm hook.
The size of my complete blanket was 75x75cm (30x30in)
The pattern instructions can be found on the Ravelty's website.
I would recommend this pattern for any crochet beginner.
You can make the entire blanket out of a single colour, and use a contrast ribbon to go around the edges. Alternatively you can do the same thing I did, by using one colour for the middle part, a different colour for the lace edges and a ribbon which is the same colour as the yarn is the middle part.
This blanket is perfect in the bedroom and I use it to cover Mia in bed on cold nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment