Wednesday 11 April 2012

Second item made - Baby Dungarees



So now after I made a pink blanket I decided to make something for a baby boy, so at least I would be covered if I had either.
A friend of mine gave me a book by Tina Barrett, Natural Crochet for babies and toddlers and I really liked the Cotton Archie Bear Romper Suit. I got 200g of Sirdar Snuggly BabyBamboo yarn in grey and 50g of  Sirdar Snuggly BabyBamboo yarn in blue. The reason why I reversed the colours was that I wanted to make it more neutral. I used my favourite 3.5mm Clover hook.
I didn't want to follow the design from the book completely, as I didn't like the idea of buttons on the back. I knew that my baby would spent most of her time on her back and buttons might hurt her. Instead I decided to make it into dungarees.
I followed the pattern instructions for 0-6 months size. For the front body I followed the instructions as per the original design. For the back body I contuniued crocheting upwards after finishing the bear's face and finished up with two 3cm-wide straps on each side.
I then sewed the two parts together.
I contured with a row of single crochet stitches in blue, followed by grey, making a nice edging on both the legs and the upper body.
I would recommend putting some fasteners on the inside leg for easy access when changing nappies.

No comments:

Post a Comment